Thursday, 27 November 2008

Thanksgiving And TINTINTS!


I love Thanksgiving. I don't celebrate it but I think that it's a holiday that every country should adopt. The idea of taking a day out of the year just to be grateful is brilliant. I have so much to be grateful for and I try to incorporate gratitude into my daily life. I have a wonderful husband and three great children, a lovely home in a beautiful place and a perfect Pooch too. I have a terrific job, excellent friends and really I want for nothing. And I've always been this blessed. I have a fantastic family and was raised by amazing parents. What's not to be grateful for?

The thing about a Thanksgiving holiday is that it brings all our blessings into focus. A little navel gazing to appreciate what we have and consider what it is we value would be a very good thing. Perhaps we could institute it in or around Harvest Festival here in the UK. It makes sense to me.

Maybe I should write to Gordon Brown or start a movement. Maybe I will....

In the meanwhile I'd like to wish y'all a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am very grateful that you stopped by. I appreciate each and every one of you!

**************************************
And for TINTINTS Thursday: This week I found myself out in the garden at the crack of dawn trying to de-poop it before the snow got too heavy (not that it did). As I brought a cuppa up to Hubby in bed later I found myself saying the following:

"I'll tell you something though; frozen poo is a dream to pick up!"

5 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

Excellent plan. Maybe you could start a campaign and we'll all join.

ROFL at the frozen poo comment.

Anonymous said...

TINTINTS today: "Honey, root beer is at least an after noon drink" as he poured it in lieu of the kids' orange juice.

(His response? "The Bear pulled it out." Nice, huh? Blame the four-year-old.)

Robin B. said...

Happy Turkey Day! Happy harvest day...happy 'we've got enough food for the winter day'...

Anyway, happy day!

JaneyV said...

Thank you FH! The reason I love Thanksgiving so much is because it is so non-divisive. It doesn't care what religion you are or your country of origin and it doesn't demand any nationalistic fervour - it just asks that we think about the positive and are grateful for it. It gets my vote!

Aerin Root beer and cookies for breakfast - YUM! I can see that it would be the feast of choice for Bear but I have an inkling that your hubby is still four at heart!

Robin A very Happy it's-Thursday-I-don't-feel-like-cooking-so-let's-have-junk-for-dinner Day. It was good!

Bee said...

Maybe it's because you are Irish, but it is a refreshing surprise to get a thumbs-up for the Thanksgiving tradition . . . sometimes it seems like the English are sniggery about it.

The line about the frozen poop did make me laugh.