I'm off to the theatre tonight. I literally can't remember the last time I went to a play. I know that two years ago I went to a musical in The West End called Dancing In The Streets which was all about the rise of Motown. It was wall to wall music and was fantastic but not exactly a play. So barring the ones my children have done at school I think (but I'm not sure) I might have to go back to the early 90's when I saw The Tempest at the Barbican done by the RSC. That's shocking really!
Anyway tonight I'm going to see a play with music in it - I don't think the cast sing. It's a work outing to celebrate the 60th birthday of the school bursar. We're going to see The Full Monty.
I know! But it's not The Dreamboys - its about unemployed steelworkers and the misery of life on the dole. To music. With naked men at the end.
I'll let you know if it's any good tomorrow.
8 comments:
Well, don't take pictures, okay?
I await the uncontrollable typoes.
I've seen the film and it was fun.
Oh go on, do take pictures.
Yes, do let us know how they handle the final unveiling. I believe that the typical ploy is to obscure the disrobing with bright lights.
Enjoy the THEATUH!
I liked the movie. And I have seen Doogie Howser (Neil Patrick Harris) naked in a play in L.A. Scarred for life, I'm telling you. ;-)
There are a lot of good plays and musicals here and one of the perks of my wife's job is free tickets. I've seen some good ones lately.
I do so enjoy you posting everyday!
My MIL just saw the same thing; of course she didn't quite "get it," but that's what is to be expected from her...
My word verification is "HEMANOMA"
Hope you don't get one of those from watching the show!! Ha HA!
Ok, I have to laugh. Now it's
PROON
Don't eat too many of those before the play!
Kiersten believe me - I'd rather stick needles in my eyes!
Whirl I have absolut on idae what you mena!
FH the film was, I feel, considerably better than the stage show. Although it had it's good points too.
And as for photos - eeew!
Bee It was a fun night out and as for the 'unveiling' - it was as you suggested. I'll do a post on it at the weekend.
Sarah I love the theatre but I have just fallen out of the habit it. Kids'll do that for you. But who knows now that they're getting older it might be time to start going again.
And as for Dougie Howser - even when I see him in How I Met Your Mother, all grown up, he still manages to look like a little boy. I think I'd have been scarred for life too!
Thanks MIS it's eating into the rest of my life but I'm really enjoying it too!
There were quite a few seniors at the show - rowdy bunch cat-called the whole way through it! And as for haematomas - not a single one - although I did blush a lot. (but not because of excessive prune eating)
Post a Comment