Sunday, 23 November 2008

In Which The Weather Played A Trick....

With all the wild weather being reported in the UK you can imagine how excited we were this morning when we woke up to snowfall. Just the beginnings mind you. It had been a cold night and the round was dry so I had high hopes for it sticking. I even went out in my dressing gown to de-poop the lawn so that there would be no nasty surprises later when we were making our snowman. When I went out I was heartened by a heavier fall with light fluffy flakes which stuck fast. By the time I went back up to bed with the morning cuppa there was a light covering and a white outlook.

"Is it Christmas?" asked Small Son delightedly.

"Not yet Sweetie. But wouldn't it be fun if we had more snow next month when it is Christmas time?"

How disappointing was it then when all of a sudden it started to pour down with rain. I'm talking lashing, heavy freezing stuff that within seconds replaced the white blanket with puddles and mud. It was like being promised a great treat and then having it snatched away for no good reason.

Small Son looked out at the rain looking dejected. "No," he said, "it's deffnity not Christmas."

I just hope that the weather's got its act together by December 25th.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

It was snowing here in ohio at the begining of the weekend!!! I hate cold and snow!! Give me some place tropical any day! :)

liz said...

Oh my poor godson! I so hope it snows for him very soon...xxx
liz
x

Natalie Whipple said...

Oh that is so sad! Now that I think about it, we haven't had a good snow here yet, either. And we usually have at least one by now. We do need some snow to stick here soon—the ugly needs a white blanket.

JaneyV said...

Sabrae I saw the picture of your thrill-seeking drive to Wallmart on your blog! It so rarely snows here that it's a big thrill. I imagine that if we had it for a full season we'd get bored quick enough!

Liz you should have seen his little face. He was already devastated that it wasn't a school day - he does love Miss Scrumptious! Planning a trip up for weekend in two weeks time - hope to see you then!

Natalie I love that white blanket. I love it even more when I don't have to drive in it and I have a big open fire at home and lots of provisions in the larder!

Kiersten White said...

Oh, I love Little Son. He is just too adorable.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Awww. How adorable and how sad. Here's hoping he gets the White Christmas of his dreams. I hate when the rain comes and wrecks the blanket of snow. Not seeing snow here in the city of angels. Would love to have rain. Feel free to shove it this way.

Unknown said...

There is absolutely nothing better than a white Christmas. I've decided to cancel Christmas this year because doing it in the heat and the sun is just totally daft!

JaneyV said...

Me too Kiersten, me too!

I'll tell you what Sarah, we'll share. I'll give you some of my rain and you send the sunshine this way. Although if you know a good snow-fairy who could drop by over Christmas that'd be fab!

As jealous as I am of all the sunshine Vanilla I think I like the seasons this way around. Having blazing heat at Christmas just doesn't fit the mood somehow. But to have snow - well that would be peachy!

Aine said...

Oh, rain, rain, go away!

I always hated March when I was a kid because I associated it with those early spring rains that washed away the beautiful white snow and made a muddy mess.

We had snow last week, too-- early for these parts! I'm thinking the chances are looking good for a white Christmas this year.