Friday, 14 November 2008

Proud!

I just want to say that I am the proudest Mum there is today. Yesterday Hubby went to, what they questionably term, learning review day, at my two older kids' secondary school. It's when you meet the teachers and get feedback on progress and all that gizz. Well it turns out that Big Son and Daughter are doing us proud and terms like "excellent pupil" and "hard work" and "pleasure to teach" were bandied around with great enthusiasm. It does our hearts good to know that they are thriving in their new schools. It was such a worry when we pulled them away from their old schools and all their friends when we moved last year. But they are both doing brilliantly and we're beaming with them.

Then today, when I got home from a course I was on, I found a card from Big Son's English teacher waiting for me. When a child does an excellent piece of work their teacher often writes home to congratulate them and also let the parents know. His teacher wrote

"I'm marking his story at home and it's fantastic. I had to write straight away and let you know: you have an author in the making."


My cup runneth over!


**I will probably do a post on the theatre trip on Sunday as I'm not in much tomorrow!**

9 comments:

Precie said...

Yay yay yay!!!

Natalie Whipple said...

Oh, that's lovely. I'd be beaming too!

Mom In Scrubs said...

It's just the absolute BEST when the kids do well and we aren't even RIGHT THERE prompting and pushing...

Here we call it "Parent-Teacher Conference." Sounds awfully darn official...

Bravo and Brava!!

Kiersten White said...

Well of course your kids are excellent people; look at their mom ; )

JaneyV said...

Precie I know!

Natalie I am - like a Cheshire cat!

MISI'm just so please that they are achieving their potential. Honestly they are blossoming in their new school.
And I grew up calling it a parent-teacher meeting - which is what it was. In those days they didn't include the child. They just talked about them.

Kiersten - you are so right! But of course I can't take all the credit - they have a rather excellent Dad too!

fairyhedgehog said...

That's so cool.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Yay! What wonderful news.

I remember when my 4th grade teacher sent a note home with me. Notes here usually mean you screwed up really badly. Mom said nothing and I thought she was waiting for Dad to get home (which meant it was really bad). Dad said nothing. For 2 weeks, no one said anything.

Then my birthday happened and I was finally told the teacher recommended they buy me books for presents since I loved to read. Argh! But very, very good presents from that point on.

Renee Collins said...

How great! Now, if he does want to be a writer, he'll have you to help him along. :)

I think my daughter might have inherited the writer's gene from me. She is constantly making up these adorable stories and accompanying pictures. I've saved all of them.

McKoala said...

Great kids. Great teacher. There should be more of that kind of teacher.