I've had a makeover. I've beautified this whittering bird, given it (what I hope is) a more earthy look. I'm all about the natural - me!
And I'm a great big copy-cat.
I was visiting Natalie's blog to listen to her reading from her fabulous Zombie WIP, The Iron Queen (fab, BTW) when I was blown away by how darned pretty her template was. So I got her to spill the beans and I got me one too.
Then I got carried away and put a new photo up and got this silly little accessory thingy to make it all Purty!
I think it's purty. And the nice thing is there were so many when I get bored I can just change it again. Like getting a new hairstyle - only free and I don't have to worry about it going frizzy as soon as I move!
Well this is the sweet-shop of wonder. How many more makeovers will there be……?
10 comments:
I really love it, and that new picture of you is great. There's nothing like a makeover. It's like a fresh start.
I'm all about pretty templates; yours is incredible. Just fantastic!
I used to think that words were enough, but now I'm getting sucked in to the importance of the visual. I love your new look! When I get from my holiday I may do a little bit of experimenting, too. (Thanks for the link!)
You HAVE been purty-fied! How fun.
Although I am a little miffed...the new picture is great, but I was hoping for a voice clip. Come on, Janey, you're Irish! How can you deny us that accent?
It IS pretty! Hmmm....maybe I need to play around with my boring old bloggy look. After August?
hi Janey,
I just wanted to stop in and say thank you for the kind words you wrote on Jason's blog about my story GPS.
I like your blog a lot, but I don't know what it looked like before. But it is realy pretty!!
Well thank you all you luvverly peeps!
Natalie - I agree, thank you fr being such a delicious trend-setter
Aerin - Ta! Incredible eh? Well I did try to chose one that would reflect me! Haaaa!
Bee - Glad you like it when we're all done it'll be like the blog equivalent to a Spa Weekend!
Kiersten - Sorry for miffing you! I actually did record one. I read a tiny bit of prose I'd written months ago while filming the Pooch snoozing on my bed. Despite it being awful and uuurgh (sorry there just isn't a word to describe what you sound like when it feels like your tongue has grown in your mouth and you don't know where to put it) I did try to put it up and neither blogger or YouTube would upload it. So I took that as a sign and gave up. But I promise I'll join in for the next one!
Barrie - It'll be just a continuation of all the decorating you're doing at home! Have a totally brilliant time in Canada!
Sheri - thanks for dropping by - you're welcome any time. I loved your piece and think it has real legs to be a longer story. And I'd love to read that too!
Gosh I used the exclamation mark a lot! I must be very excited! Or I've got some sort of twitch in my pinky and middle finger on my left had! A co-ordinating twitch! Ha! I crack me up!!!!!!!!
Oh Oh! I have blogger envy!!!! I want to copy this too! I'm going to go check it out! And Janey you sexy thing you! That picture is too hot! Yow!!!!!
I've stayed with the same boring black background on my blog ... the only interesting thing I've done with it is disappear long enough to have other bloggers talk about me. So much for shaking boredom.
I don't know how youd previous template looked like, but this is plain awesome. I will surely visit the link you mention to upgrade my other blog with great backgrounds. Thank you for your nice comment on my entry#29 and on one of my blogs.
Post a Comment