Friday, 17 April 2009

Thanks for all the Awards!

Here's a quiet five minutes in an otherwise rushed week - time enough to do a long overdue post.

It's awards season on the blogsphere and I have had a few come my way for which I am chuffed to pieces. However I've done absolutely nothing whatsoever in terms of accepting these wonderful thoughts because, to be honest, I am feeling a bit awkward about what to do next.

This whole notion of singling people out because they are special has the downside of leaving others out - which is totally uncool. And yet I'm pleased as punch that I was chosen. So you see the dilemma. I want to pass on the good stuff but I don't want to unwittingly make anyone else feel unspecial.

However those who have gone before have provided me with the answer. So to everyone who has awarded al their awards to everyone who visits their blog I say "thank you" . You have provided me with the means to accept these wonderful awards and not be mean in the process. I steal your idea with gratitude.

First off to all my visitors I award the Light in my Soul award. This was given to me by Absolute Vanilla - so long ago I'm embarrassed to admit it. Thank you AV. Like you, the readers here at Whittersville are warm, loving and giving and I pass this on happily to each and every one.




From Bee of Bee Drunken I have received no less than TWO Awards. Again the first was quite a while ago - before the Oscars actually - which she gave me for being a blog that makes her LAUGH, for VOICE and for giving good feedback (it's very easy to do that because her blog posts are so good).


She gave me another more recently which is brilliant. Brilliant in that I'm thrilled to receive it and also brilliant because well … read for yourselves…


The aim of the Award is to acknowledge writing excellence in the spirit of Jane Austen's genius in amusing and delighting readers with her irony, humor, wit, and talent for keen observation. Recipients will uphold the highest standards in the art of the sparkling banter, witty repartee, and gentle reprove.




Then from Aerin I got this - which, if you read the explanation, is also totally awesome. I'm touched - I really am.

This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award.


Then to top it all off earlier this week The Whirlmeister himself awarded me the Terrific Tootsies award for my Pooh post. It's the love of socks I think that did it or perhaps the heady combination of dancing toes and A.A. Milne. It's wonderful to twinkle in the eyes of another.



So thank you from the bottom of my bottom to Vanilla, Bee, Aerin and Whirl for your kindnesss, generosity and all round loveliness in giving me these awards. And thank you too to all my visitors who come by even though I'm very stop-starty these days. I pass these on, in gratitude, to you.

15 comments:

dyanna said...

I like your blog.I'm waiting for your new posts.I wish you a great spring.Kisses.

Whirlochre said...

I'm so thrilled for you that I've cracked opened a packet of Tesco's own brand crumpets to celebrate.

Sara Raasch said...

Yay on the awards! Congrats!

lotusgirl said...

I'm with you on not being good at knowing what to do with them once I have them. I feel honored to receive them, but then what...? This is a fun way to do it. I love your blog and have missed your voice lately.

Aniket Thakkar said...

Congrats!!!!

You totally deserve them!

Slendarella said...

Cool that you get awards & lots of visiters to your site. I hope to have lots of visiters one day...and maybe, something like an award.

thanks for sharing your awards.

I don't think you should feel awkward about receiving them, but proud of them! Yay You! Congrats!

Kiersten White said...

Well, who doesn't like Janey? You're the best ; )

Natalie Whipple said...

All very well deserved:)

Aine said...

You've accepted these with such class. (tipping my hat) And you deserve every award out there. :)

Best news-- Janey's back!!

Hope your week has been good!

fairyhedgehog said...

You deserve all of these and more.

I especially love the tootsies one. Fancy having an award made especially for you!

Sarah Laurenson said...

Love the tootsies award! How very special. And you deserve all the awards you get!

PJD said...

Frankly, I see all these award badges and wonder what the criteria are to win them. I mean, in your sidebar I see "Koala threat level: High."

You have quite nicely articulated the second edge of the double-edged blessing of blog popularity: Once you get popular, people give you awards. But when you're popular and you then have to pass along those awards, you are doomed to hurt some people's feelings. Then you become less popular. It's actually an elegant cycle of nature, really.

Unknown said...

I see we're of a like mind when it comes to awards - that said, all of yours are fantabulously well deserved!
And good to have you back from your hiatus!

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Lots of awesome new awards! Yay for Janey!

JaneyV said...

Thank you all so very much! The best reward for doing the blogging lark is of course the people that you get to meet in this strange virtual world. I'm thrilled and delighted to know you all.
xxx