I was doing a group activity today at school. It was to teach the children listening skills. I gave them lots of shapes and the idea was that they listened very carefully to my instructions and arranged the shapes to make a picture. At the end we would compare their picture with mine and see how close they came.
The kids actually did very well. Children of their age (4 and 5) often have trouble following instructions as their attention tends to wonder half way through.
Me: "OK children for today's activity you are going to have to listen very, very carefully."
It was at this point that Nutty started interrupting telling me that he knew everything and anyway he'd already done this and his was the best.
Me: "Actually you haven't done this one. What we're doing now is completely different to the game you were playing with during break time. Now you must be very quiet and listen very carefully…"
Nutty: "Anyway I'm the best at listening and I know what to do already."
Me: "I haven't told you what to do yet…"
At this point Nutty turned right around and just talked right over me as I was saying…
"…being very quiet and listening to the instructions I give you is the most important thing with this activity."
I looked at him sternly. He continued to chat away and pay absolutely no attention whatsoever.
"Nutty!"
He looks at me a bit surprised. "Yes?"
"What did I just tell you was the most important thing?"
Without blinking he replied " Urrrrrmmm … Jesus?"
I couldn't talk for at least two minutes I was laughing so hard.
19 comments:
OMG, LOL.
You do have such fun with those kids.
HA. Jesus. That was my answer through at least half of Sunday School. Funny enough, it worked most every time.
Hah!
Jesus! I wonder where he got that from?
Fascinating activity . . .
I am fairly awful at listening to directions, though. I have to READ everything to be able to make sense of it. Sigh.
How was Limerick?
This would be one activity I would horribly fail in too.:-)
But you have to give it to the lad for creativity. He did come up with an extremely good answer. Can't argue with that, can you? :P
Nutty is a pistol! And he knows how to get out of trouble - quick on the proverbial draw.
Is this the same little guy who was concerned during the movie tha time?
lol... too funny!
LOL. What can you say?
Jesus is always the answer! Oh goodness, children...
LOL! Hard to argue that one. Nutty's a quick thinker.
lol, so great. It's funny how kids have this store of authority-pleasing phrases, which they will deploy at any moment where they are cornered. :)
Funny, I always default to Jesus when I get in a flap.
Only it tends to come out as JEEEEEZUUUUSSSS!!!!
And instead of ushering in angels, there's expletives.
LOL! I think you must have the patience of a saint! How do you keep a straight face all day?!
Such delightful quick thinking from Nutty! Sounds like he's got a bright future (if he survives his teen years-- LOL!) God bless his parents...
How fun. And that you have the patience for this? Amazing.
LOL - that's quite a good bluff from a very little man. :)
Oh my. Kids are the same everywhere. Jesus.
Thought I'd pop in and say Hey. Just because.
Post a Comment