It's Mothering Sunday over here in this neck of the planet. In honour of the blessed vocation of motherhood we've decided to read our favourite children's story (or an excerpt of) for Robin's voice thingy. I've elected to read a tidbit from the first chapter of The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne. I'm recording using my daughter's camera so the sound is a bit pants. And although I don't have a cold, my sinuses are playing silly buggers so please forgive the nasal whine.
So here I am sitting up on my bed telling this wonderful children's classic to my …um… feet…
15 comments:
Oh this is sensational. It has characterisation! It has socks! It has everything!
This is darling!!! Love the socky feet moving to the song, Janey.
Happy Mothering Day to you!!
How lovely to be described as sensational Whirl - my day just got a whole lot brighter!! Also - not only socks but jammies as well.....
Thanks Robin. I was thinking of animating it using cuddly toys but I couldn't find Piglet - just Pooh, Eeyore and a really creepy Tigger without a body (how does he bounce???)
Oh, Mommy! It's a nice rainy day here and I'm ready to curl up and listen to you read me to sleep.
:-)
Love your reading, your voice, your very animated sock puppets. Yaawwnn! Ready for my nap now.
Happy Mothering Day!
Beautiful and charming. I feel like I'm nestled right in, all cozy listening to one of my all time favorites.
Oh, can I hire you for reading me stories every night?? :-) :-)
I wished you'd go on and on...
Loved the song and the happy feet at the end. :)
This is the last thing I'm listening to before bed -- so my bedtime story, too!
I love your gray socks. I feel very close to them.
(And thank you for your wonderful comment over at my place . . . also teary!)
Janey, I love. love. love. love. your voice. I could listen to it forever.
Thanks Sarah - glad to have brought a bit of comfort to your rainy day (I thought it never rained in Southern California), animated socks 'n' all!
Gotta love Winnie-the-Pooh Pete - it's a dream book to read to children. (And grown ups too)
Oh Aniket_ - if you only knew what it took for me to do this. There were at least 7 attempts before this one where I fumbled it up! I'm glad you liked the happy feet. I noticed after attempt 2 or 3 that my feet were "dancing" as I read so I just went with it!
Bee I hope that you slept well! I kept my comfy socks and old jammies on in honour of The Nightwear as Daywear society.
Your post on Mothering was very moving Bee. It got me right here (I'm pointing at my heart!)
Aerin - really? See I listen to that and I just hear nails being scraped down a chalk board. Now you, my dear, have a wonderful voice. I bet you sing really well too!
Awww! I love piglet! You did such a wonderful reading! Course, the accent helps loads. And the dancing feet are perfect! :)
Happy Mothering Day! This was perfect timing, for my youngest woke up this morning and said "Happy Mother's Day!" I was quite confused, because we had just had a conversation a few days ago about Mother's Day being in May. So she smiled and pointed to her calendar where it clearly says "Mothering Day (UK)."
Love your socks!!! hee hee!
Ok Janey I've been meaning to mention that many sociologists have made parellel comparisons between the Irish and Koreans, calling Koreans the Irish of Asia. Interesting parallels regarding historical, military and sociological issues of being a constantly invaded country. Anyway, thought Id share from your last comment!
btw - love the bumblebees!
So here I am sitting up on my bed telling this wonderful children's classic to my …um… feet…
They obviously loved it. So did I.
This was wonderful. The dear little Piglet voice was just right and I loved the hot sock action towards the end.
Aw! I wish I could have you read to me all the time. I love the dancing feet too. Pom!
Happy Mothering Day!
(sorry, I know I'm behind, finally starting to get caught up, actually!)
Wow! You sound different when you can breath! I like the socks !
Post a Comment