You'll be relieved to know it was quick. Janey, Queen of Hearts shall be missed by all, just as soon as kingdomwide
The upside is that whinging is very much back on the agenda. Whine away folks! Whine away!
OK then - I'll go first! Since I fell prey to the dreaded lurgi in December I've not really been myself. Obviously the whole back saga has been aired here already so the update on that is that the chiropractor sessions are helping enormously but then I go to my job where the average height of the clientelle is three feet and the furniture is about 18 inches off the floor. The upshot was that I kept undoing all the good of the back cracking by hobnobbing with the elves. So finally I had to face the fact that I was going to have to stay off work to get better. My resistance to this piece of common sense is because it's really hard to manage in a school when staff are absent. Teaching and special needs assistants like myself, don't get covered. The class just has to do without which places an extra burden on the, already over-worked, other members of staff. However it was clear to me that I wasn't going to get better as long as I kept going into work so I packed myself off to the GP yesterday. I'm now off on the doctor's orders for a minimum of a week, although she reckons that 10 days is a fairly conservative estimate. While I was there I mentioned this annoying cough I've had since mid December that only seems to bother me in the evening. Having had a quick check and answering a pile of questions it was established that I was running a temperature of about 100ºF and that nasally feeling I had is because I had a sinus infection. For the last 6 weeks. Now I will admit that I've been unusually warm recently, given that I normally have the core temperature of the Snow Queen, but actually that's been quite nice. I do realise that I've been a bit off but it's amazing how you get used to it. One day in to the antibiotics and I actually feel a whole lot more chipper. My hands are freezing again though. Still it's a small price to pay for being able to breathe again.
So on my first day off work I walked the dog twice (not only OK but recommended for back probs) and I started a new short story. My public humiliation challenge is doing well too (see top right) so all in all I'm a happy little Janey.
17 comments:
I'm glad you've got antibiotics for that sinus infection. No wonder you've been feeling poorly!
It's awfully hard taking time off when you work in a school. I've been there and done that, so I do know. But at least this way when you go back you may be able to stay there and not be in pain. And your sinuses will be wonderfully clear too!
Hope you're all better soon.
FairyHH - thanks for the well wishes. I do feel a bit foolish for not realising I had a temperature though. Hubby commented several times that I was unusually warm at night. Poor thing is going to have to go back to suffering my cold hands and feet again.
Thanks T you too!
If you end up happy it's not a proper whine. Just saying. I'm glad you're happy and diagnosed.
And I'm happy with the word count!
Glad to hear the meds are working. Good luck with the arctic survival kit.
Is the dog the kind that tries to chase everything? If so, you may get double benefit by the sudden traction provided by the yanking on the leash.
The Queen is dead. Long live the Queen!
Thanks McK - I'm happy to have made you happy, but I'll remember to make my whining more authentic in future.
Pete - I'm doing great thanks. I did this trick whereby I put my hands under the duvet and amazingly they warmed up - in fact my whole body did. So there you have it - if you want to survive in sub-zero, get into bed. Bear Grylls should tell people that.
As for Pooch, she's normally fine but she did meet her friend Archie the other day and there followed some serious yanking of leash because she wanted to play. OW!
As for the Queen - I don't know why, but nobody seems to miss her!
Uh, so sorry to hear about the Queen. Condolences. Whew!
I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Anti-biotics are the best!
Take care of that back. Sometimes you just have to take care of you!
Go happy Janey, go!!
Hope you feel better!
You whinge in such a humourous and satisfactory manner! (Such is the beauty of prose . . .)
I've had similar aches and pains for weeks(including jaw and ear trouble) and I'm wondering if I should also visit a doctor. Time alone doesn't seem to be helping me . . .
And so how are you feeling now? On the mend? I saw on your FB profile something about snow days and sick days...??? Do so hope you're feeling a whole lot better and that you're not doing anything that involves small children, impossibly low chairs and lifting heavy objects!
Stay warm and snug and hope you don't run out of oil this time!
Janey, I love all of your awesome Irish lingo. So cool! :)
Well, I hope you feel better. I know that there is nothing worse than suffering through poor health. :(
Feel better!
Sorry I missed Rabbit Hole Day. Er,...maybe not. But I am glad you are doing the right things for recovery. I think we all need a full body vacation once a year-- get everything back into tiptop shape before returning to our lives. And, like my mom always said, take one more day than you think you need, because chances are you'll push yourself to go back too soon, then all the recovery time would be for naught.
Sending healing vibes in your direction!
:)
Rest and relaxation for you! Take care of yourself! I know it is hard to take off but you have to think of yourself first!
I hope you haven't suffered a relapse, Janey! xx, Bee
I see your word count's growing, Janey. Looks great.
...you ARE feeling better, aren't you? I figured you've dedicated time to writing, hope that's the case, and hope you're feeling well!
There is an 'ittle something for you over at my place...
Post a Comment