Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Oh Yea! Oh Yea! Oh Yea!

Ring it out guys! Great news filtering through from The Clarity of Night Ascension Contest. Our great blogging buddy Pete Dudley has pipped 124 other entries to take the top prize. His entry, Sliding, was wonderful. Jason's nose for talent is fairly spot on and several previous winners have gone on to become published. I wish all the same fantastic fortune to Pete. Congrats mate.

But Pete isn't the only one celebrating because amongst the honorable mentions (I say again there were 125 entries people) were none other than the wonderful Aerin, McKoala, Laughing Wolf, Precie and … li'l ol' me! I'm all aflutter. In the words of the inimitable Bruce Forsyth; Didn't we do well?

I'm still on a go slow due to the continuing embuggerment of my stupid back (I've been all but bed-ridden the last two days but I've made myself move around and it looks like it's getting better now). However I'm so psyched now I feel like I could … urm … go downstairs and make some tea!

YEAY!

17 comments:

J.C. Montgomery said...

:: throws confetti

Brava! Brava!

Kiersten White said...

CONGRATS!

Go Janey ; ) Go make some tea, go write a book, go take the publishing world by storm! But first go make some tea.

PJD said...

Aw, shucks again! It's like all y'all started a new contest to see who can write the most effluent praise of me and my writing. I am grateful for your overly kind words.

And very happy for your placement among the elite! I really liked the dialog in yours and the characters. You drew the man clearly in few words.

And yes, I actually do believe that you made an earlier comment. :-)

lotusgirl said...

Congrats to Paul! Congrats to you!

*basking in the talents of my writerly blog friends*

Natalie Whipple said...

What great news! Yay Pete! And You! And Everyone! Gratuitous Exclamation Marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you're feeling better as well.

Barrie said...

Glad to hear your back is doing better. Tea and writing will definitely help. :)

Sarah Laurenson said...

I love tea. Hope it was wonderfully warm and flavorful!

What great news on the contest. My blogging buddies are great writers. *sigh* How wonderful is that?

Hope the back gets better soon!

McKoala said...

'Effusive', Pete? Effluent is kind of, um, smelly.

Congrats again - how many is that?!

Get that back un-embuggered Janey!

JaneyV said...

JCM thank you. It's good to have a little celebration every now and then.

Kiersten tea does have a fix-it magical property. I have set myself another couple of challenges just to keep me on my toes. Aerin and McKoala are my whip-crackin' good buddies so the company is excellent for that storm-takin'.

Pete take the praise mate - even the most effluent stuff is deservedly given (however that sounded it was meant as a compliment). When thrilled, I tend to gush and I'm pleased for you :0)
And thank you for your kind words too. And for believing me about the comment. I had to stop commenting somewhere about #60 because of my injury but I did make a special effort to read and comment on my friends' ones who came later.

Psst Lotus it's Pete ;0)! I met all these folks about a year ago through Jason's "Whispers" contest. It's a great place to soak up the camaraderie of writers and just see all the different approaches to the same prompt. I have learnt loads as a result. Still can't believe I'm in their company though. Big thrill for me.

Natalie there is always room for gratuitous exclaiming here!!!!!!! Thanks and yes the silly spine problem seems to be working itself out. I guess the neck thing worked its way south to the base of my spine. It has something to do with the posture induced by one injury causing another. Durn it!

Barrie tea always helps but I fear sitting in the same position, writing may have been the cause. Lesson learnt though - get up and make teas more often when writing.

Sarah I so agree about tea. And the back is definitely on the mend.
We are blessed to have such a great community here to support each other. How's the foot?

Workin' on it McK! May be meant fluent praise?

fairyhedgehog said...

Well done, Jane, that is so cool! Yay!

Dave King said...

Thanks for all the links.

Robin B. said...

This is wonderful news, and congrats to you guys!

Bee said...

Happy news for the wordsmiths! I'm raising my mug (tea, of course) in a toast!!

Sarah Laurenson said...

Foot is much better, thanks. Every time I go, he does something different. This time, it only hurt for a couple of days and I didn't have to wear the oversized slippers. We'll see what happens next month. I think he just delights in various forms of torture.

Leon1234 said...

Hello fellow writer! How are you doing today?

Sylvia said...

Hurray! I loved your story, so wonderful to see her step back and say, "Enough."

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Robin B. said...

So sorry about your back, Janey.
Hope you're better soon!!