Wednesday, 31 December 2008

Happy New Year!


I've been writing another post this morning about an adventure I had yesterday which was both scary and in the end, I hope, good. But as I rambled on and on I realized that it wasn't very appropriate for today. It's New Year's Eve in case you've been stuck under a rock.

So I wondered if I was going to make any resolutions this year? I made some last year, I remembered, so I had a look back and I came across these

1. Get Organised
2. Get Healthy
3. Get Fit
4. Get Slim
5. Get a direction
and probably most importantly
6. Always, always to be grateful for everything I'm am blessed with.


Well I'm still a tad unhealthy, on the chubby side, could do with getting more exercise and am thoroughly disorganized so I'm not claiming that my resolve stuck, that's for sure. But the bottom two I think I did alright with. I had no idea that I wanted to get serious about writing twelve months ago. I was just enjoying doing my blog and finding that I kept coming up with little stories that were growing and growing in my head. Then I started looking around on the blogshere and realized I was not alone. Suddenly the aimless wonder that I was took off down a path and I haven't looked back since. It's one of the many things that I am eternally grateful for from this year.

So what else has changed? Well I have a new home, community, new job, tons of new friends [most of them virtual - but valued hugely nonetheless] and I'm happy. I was finding the move from Hertfordshire to East Sussex really difficult this time a year ago. A year on and I would say that I feel settled and contented. I still miss my old home but much less now and I see how much the kids and Hubby have benefitted. It's certainly been good for the family. Also if I hadn't moved I may not have given myself the time to develop this writing bug. So it's been good. Very good.

So do I set myself goals again to be written and forgotten till next year? Well I've answered that really haven't I? No resolutions this year but now I have a direction I'll continue on, trying to make progress. 2009 is an adventure waiting for us all. I'm looking forward to it.

So I'd like to wish you all and your loved ones, a very Happy New Year. May you follow your dreams and live your lives in the abundance they were meant to be lived and may you always appreciate the moment and every blessing that you are offered.

Peace to us all.

Lots and lots of love


Jane
xxxxx

18 comments:

laughingwolf said...

happy new year, janey :D

Robin B. said...

Happy New Year, Janey! I'm so glad I met you in this old 2008.

And as for resolutions...mehhhh.

Renee Collins said...

Janey, you are awesome. :) I love your goals, and I am sure that you met at least a bit of all of them.

Have a fun New Year's Eve! Party time !

lotusgirl said...

at least you did well on a couple of your resolutions. I can't even find my list. I bet getting organized was on it somewhere and I failed abysmally at that one so...

At least the writing is getting on track.

I've enjoyed meeting you in our virtual world! Have a happy new year!

Blogless Troll said...

Happy New Year!

PJD said...

Happy new year! You should try what I do: if you know you're going to break your resolutions, make ones you want to break. Like
start smoking
put on 30 pounds
engage in criminal activity
etc.

I hope you enjoyed your extra leap second of sleep tonight.

Whirlochre said...

I'll second all of that. Happy New Year to you & all Janettes...

fairyhedgehog said...

Happy New Year, Jane!

Moving is tough but East Sussex has its attractions. My Mum lives in Brighton and we're in Epsom, so not too far away.

I hope we get to hear about your adventure soon.

Wishing you everything that you wished for us,
Love,
Gina xxx

Kiersten White said...

It's been so fun getting to know you, Janey! I hope 2009 is even better ; )

Barrie said...

Happy New Year, Jane! I'm glad you're feeling good about life.

Bee said...

I identify! Even though we've lived in West Berks for more than two years now, my blogging has eased a loneliness and homesickness that I had been feeling. I'm really grateful for the creative community and the chance to flex my writing muscles. It really is the single thing that has most improved my quality of life in the last year.

I'm so glad to have met you: You are a funny, positive force. Happiest of new years! xx

JaneyV said...

Laughing Wolf welcome to my blog and a very Happy New Year to you too.

Robin mehhh indeed! Although now I am resolved to meeting up in London this Spring for sure!

No Renee I definitely failed miserably with the first three but I don't mind. I've come to the conclusion these things will indeed change but not till I'm really ready to embrace the change. Funnily enough I'm starting to feel psyched about a little internal spring cleaning so maybe 2009 will be the year.

Lotusgirl I did a-ok on the ones that actually mattered to me so there's a lesson in itself. It's been lovely meeting you too. I have to add you to my blog follow thingy! HNY backatcha!

BT And a Happy New Year to you and yours too.

Oh Pete you are a hoot! But seriously I couldn't resolve to put on 30lbs even in jest. It'd be stuck on my ass before I put the full stop on the sentence.
Happy New Year to you, Maria and the boys. Hopefully we'll see you in Spring.

Thanks Whirl and all the very best for 2009 to all at Whirl Towers. Do you think you might make it to London in April? You can wear a mask!

FH It's crazy that we live so close really. If you're ever in Brighton and I can get away (pesky kids and job have a habit of ruining my social life) I'll pop over and meet you for a coffee. If not I'll deffo be in London in April. HNY to you too!

Kiersten it's been a real joy for me meeting all you guys in 2008. And, yes, here's hoping 2009 will be even better (book deal? yes?)

Barrie I'm a firm believer in "the glass is always half full" philosophy. There's always a positive to be found if you want to find it. If I had a wish for the world it's that we'd all embrace optimism. How much fun would that be? HNY to you too!

Bee this blogging thing has certainly been such a positive force in my life this year. It's amazing how reaching out around the world has made me feel so comfortable in my home. It's miraculous really. I'm so glad that you stumbled on my bluebell walk all those months ago. It's been lovely to get to know you too. Have a joyous 2009!

fairyhedgehog said...

Jane - I'd love to meet up. If I don't get down to Brighton you're welcome to come up to Epsom, although that might be a bit of a trek for you.

If not, then there's always April.

Whirl - do come too. You can wear a mask and a kilt.

cindy said...

hi janey! happy new year and yay on goals!!

i tagged you for a ten honest things me me. check out my blog if you wanna play!

Barrie said...

Janey, thank you for your words of wisdom re teenagers. xo

Gutsy Living said...

Don't put too much pressure on yourself all at once. Happy New Year, and keep writing.

Unknown said...

I'm chiming in a bit late here... But here's to a totally wonderful 2009 - I hope you manage all those goals and the writing muse spends all her time dutifully sitting at your side!
Thanks for your wonderful and very special friendship xxx

Dave King said...

That's as good a set of resolutions to get over the consequences of indulgement as I've seen anywhere. The best to you for 2009.