
Surely that's an oxymoron. Aren't we supposed to scared out of our wits tonight? So have a frightening, alarming, terrifying, petrifying, spine-chilling, blood-curdling, horrifying, nerve-racking, fearsome, eerie, sinister, creepy, spine-tingling and spooky Halloween.
May the spirits of Celtic festivals past fill you with sugary and pumpkinny mirth. The UK doesn't really do Halloween so I shall have to live vicariously through others. Please take lots of photos of your costumes.
In other news… I have decided to use the month of November and the enthusiasm that abounds with NaNoWriMo to whip my WIP into shape. I need to find a Wipometer thingy for my side bar (please leave suggestions in comments). My goal is to at least have produced a finished 1st draft by Nov 30th. I'm going to blog the prog (that's progress in case it wasn't clear) and in doing so try to fulfil the challenge I was set to do NaBloWriMo - which is to blog every day in November.
There does my life I guess.
Onward to writing oblivion!
11 comments:
Go, Janey, Go.
Here I go! Here I go! Here I go!
Whirl where did you get your WIPometer Barometer from and can I nick one too?
I'm rooting for you in between desperate gasps caused by my own insane schedule.
Wheeeeee! Hooray for Janey!
The html code is at http://www.zokutou.co.uk/wordmeter/index.php
It's relatively straightforward to use — just enter your details and paste the generated html code into a Blogger html gadget box on your layout.
Yay, Janey! You can do it! Since I'll be on a writing fast in Nov, I'll have plenty of time to cheer you on.
And I hereby bequeath my muse to you for the full month. May she bring you wonderful plot twists and slightly scandalous kissing scenes.
Pete your schedule is insane. But as we say in Ireland - no better man for the job. (You need to say that with an Irish accent!). I'm a bit nervous about doing this but I don't even have a full-time job let alone have a major-big-time-enormous-project-full-time job like you. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to seeing how we all get on.
Yeah Kiersten Horray for me! And pass me some of those placebos you had in college!
Whirl Thank you mate - I'm all gadgetted up now!
Natalie you snuck in there while I wasn't looking! Thank you. I need encouragement - yes - but I also need tough love so don't be afraid to pep-talk me within an inch of my life.
I have an amazing scene snogging scene bubbling up in my brain already. Your Muse will be very helpful!
Sucker for punishment, eh? So Aerin got you roped in, did she? :-)
Well you go, girl - and I'm sure it will be great. I'll stand on the sidelines and wave pompoms or throw pumpkins, or whatever it is I'm supposed to do!
xxx
Vanilla - yeah Aerin's enthusiasm is catchy - she's got Ello, Conduit, Moonie and pjd suckered in too. Even Precie is doing a scaled down version. Let's face it all the arsing around I've been doing I need the incentive!
Here's to another crazy November. And happy Halloween back - and maybe it's just Wales and England that don't traditionally do the Halloween thing. It's pretty big in Scotland and N. Ireland.
Post a Comment