Great weekend! The Hubby came back from China at long last and boy were we pleased to see him. Two weeks is too long! As usual he amazed me by being able to readjust to local time within a day. I don't know how he does it. Going to Ireland puts me out of whack and that's in the same time zone - it just gets dark there an hour later! But T has been globetrotting all his working life and that's nigh on 30 years now - so he's learned a thing or two I guess.
Me, I just love having him around. It makes me all smiley inside. And the fact that I didn't have to get up at the crack of sparrows to walk the Pooch on Sunday and the back garden somehow doesn't resemble a jungle anymore, is pretty nice too.
So what's on the agenda this week? Well I have to catch up on the course I'm doing. (Now there's a surprise)! Apparently they actually didn't build in a week off after submitting assignments - you're supposed to just crack on to the next Block of work. That's a bit much don't you think??? So when I checked in on Friday I realised I have a bit of work to do to catch up. Not to worry! I do my best thinking under pressure. This particular Block looks like it's going to be very interesting and useful. It covers Plot, Narrative and Time. I need help with all of these things if I'm ever going to get The Project back on the rails again. The next block (4) looks even more useful - it concerns Narrative Point of View. I started The Project in third person POV but wasn't all that happy with it so I re-wrote it in first person but I haven't been able to find the right 'voice' and my MC is coming off as really annoying. I think that I'll switch back to third person again but I need help. I'm hoping this next Block will shed some light.
Anyhoo - this isn't getting my coursework done. I'm off to put the kettle on.
8 comments:
It is so nice to read how happy, smiley you are inside to have him back around. :)
Course sounds great, hope it is really helpful.
Ugh, do I need to get my rails back on track.
Happy plotting.
Good luck getting back into the swing of things!
WEll I'm glad you are happy of course!
The course sounds very good. You will have to share what you learn!
Putting the kettle on is always a good first step!
It's NICE that you look forward to your husband returning home. (BTW, I also have that problem of taking a week to throw off jetlag, while my husband crosses time zones without any obvious discomfort. Is it the estrogen?)
I completely agree that break times should be given after strenuous last minute writing!
Point of view is so crucial, isn't it? Finding the right voice to tell the story is an awfully important bit. Good luck --
Hey Irish Janey,
I'm Irish American, through and through.
Enjoy the course!
Hi Janey! Now back to work for you.
It is sooo nice when they come back, isn't it. Only mines come back after a week of sitting a dying friend's bedside and is as sick as the proverbial parrot. So now I'm nursie, doctor and mother hen.
Have fun with that course!
Glad dh is home, safe and sound. And that you didn't have to get up at the "crack of sparrows"!! Love that!
Good luck with your assignments. I always start everything with the kettle on. :)
Post a Comment