One of the things I love most about the writing community is just how supportive it is. It seems that with every chapter written, draft finished, rewrite rewritten, query and synopsis battled with and submission submitted, there is a crowd of like-minded people cheering you on to take the next step. Imagine then the celebrations in the collective when one of our own finds and agent, gets a deal and their book gets published.
The crowd goes wild!
This year has been a great year for the gang and there's a lot to celebrate. Today I'm bringing Tall Story by Candy Gourlay to your attention. Candy is one of the hardest working and most supportive SCBWI members here in the UK and it's a thrill to know that tomorrow (May 27th) is the launch day for her debut novel. And there is no-one who deserves it as much. The making of her book trailer was a real family affair. You can read all about it here . I think it's fab.
My copy arrives tomorrow and it is a much anticipated feast. I can't wait to have it in my greedy little mitts.
My weekend has been set aside for devouring!
8 comments:
It's a good trailer.
It's got a lovely Paddigton Bear feel about it doesn't it?
I love this community!
Me too ;o)
So glad to hear this - huge congrats to your friend!
I'm constantly amazed and heartened by the friends I've made among the blogging writers out there. And I really love it when they get published. You feel like you had something to do with it, even if it was only moral support. It feels like a win anyhow.
I just checked out the Amazon link . . . I am going to place it on order today.
There's nothing like a publishing success story!
thanks so much for posting this janey! and thanks for the congrats, janey's friends!
Post a Comment