
April - it's over already! Can you believe it? I love April. It's such an energetic and optimistic month. Must be all the blossom, tweety birdies and rampant bunnies that abound. Also I love the weather - warm and sunny one minute, heavy rain the next and just when you start to feel down, beautiful rainbows light up the grey skies. I wish it were longer...
But if it was longer I'd just have to wait for May. I love May even more. May is the most joyful of months. The fruit and hawthorn blossom invigorate the landscape and my gorgeous walks in the woods magically transform into dreamy world of bluebells and anemones. Every day is a blessing. And the sky is never better than in May. The clouds are light and fluffy and race and tumble to the horizon morphing from a dinosaur to a three legged man carrying a bag, to a tree, before disappearing and being replaced by another unlikely shape. And if looking up at the clouds doesn't take your fancy, you can lose hours looking at how their shadows and the strong winds race across the planted fields. Oh my! It fills me up.
Then there's June. I'm allergic to everything in June. You can keep June.
13 comments:
And yet oddly we had a wonderful April, with more sunshine than I can remember.
The weather seems to be getting ready for Bank Holiday and we all know what that means!
Indeed Fairyhedgehog - it's lashing it down as I type!
Got the pollen here already. But I spent part of the morning sniffing flowers as I was walking the dog. Love that.
I was totally with you until you got to June . . . 'cause I love June, too. (What, exactly, are you allergic to?)
I went for a 10 mile walk this morning in the most beautiful countryside, and my walking partner and I were in constant raptures: look at this! look at that! I'm going back there next week to check out the bluebell woods. Looking forward to your annual bluebell post. :)
I love May Day - and I love May. It's Birthday Central, this month is to us.
Baby daughter was 18 on May Day this year.
April is over already? What happened to 2008?
June is nice not for its weather (though in some places it's perfect) but because (a) school lets out for the summer and (b) it's my birthday month. So there.
But yeah, May is nice too.
Sarah - it's one of the many joys of owning a dog. The daily walks bring you up close and personal with the changes in the seasons. Love that too.
Bee - Glad to have you back in Blighty again. The countryside is really looking and feeling miraculous. I think the blue bells will probably be at their best next week, though goodness knows what else I could possibly write about them. Will try to take some picture though.
As for June - well I used to love it growing up but alas in my 20s I developed hayfever which is at its worst for the first three weeks of June. I can barely step outside the door before the sneezing and itching starts. Antihistamines certainly help but they don't cure it. They also have the added downside of making me horribly ratty and they've worn off by 7pm when the pollen gets high again. So June, for me, is about staying in as much as possible...
Robin Happy Birthday to Baby Daughter! Hope she had a wonderful day. May has a glut of birthdays in my family too. It's a lovely time of the year to be born.
Peter - June is a great month for many things and if it wasn't for the damn hayfever I'd love it. It's my daughter's birthday and as well as yours, it's also Aerin's birthday. Obviously it has a lot going for it!
May is up there with September on my list of quality months, but like you, I hate June with a vengeance.
That sense of the year really getting underway — suddenly dashed in a fountain of mucus. And by the time it's all over, it's the middle of July.
*Shakes Fawlty-style fist*
Hi Janey! Yes-- I'm still around and doing fine. Just having a hard time finding time to blog.
But I'm so glad I stopped here at your place today! I'm enjoying the new blog design. And this post gave me a smile. :)
I love how you described the clouds. My favorite cloud month is October (sometimes late September), because they seem much whiter next to the deeper blue sky (something about the air turning cooler makes the sky a deeper blue, perhaps?) and the yellows and oranges of the trees. But you've got me looking at the sky differently today!
I'm with you on June. Not because of allergies, but because I don't love the summer heat.
It's been a glorious spring for us here, too. We normally get snow the first week of May, but there's been zero snow on the ground since mid-March at the latest. 80s the past few days, too. So I'm enjoying the April and May this year, when normally I'd be in a foul mood due to the grey mud and grey skies and lack of anything green outside.
This year? Green has painted the land, and the skies they are very blue.
Oh, and my allergies are to just tree pollen, so right now I'm a bit sniffly. Tree pollen starts before the grass turns.
I think this May is going to be particularly special as my son is getting married on the 29th!
Whirl - I join with you shaking fist and I grab a nearby branch and smack June with it! I totally agree September is lovely and I would add October to that too (before the clocks go back).
Aine - Oh I know how that feels. I'm always struggling to blog too but I figure I can manage at least once a week as long as I keep 'em short. Your posts take a lot more work but I do love them and I'm always on standby for when they appear.
I adore the autumn months too. A friend who is a colour therapist says I am a "spring" personality with heavy autumnal undertones. I think she hit the nail on the head there.
I'm never very comfortable in Summer - I tend to be found under the shade of a big hat or tree - or both!
WW - Glad the sky is blue and the grass is green. The world looks and feels better in full technicolor! With me it's definitely the grass pollen which I'm OK with as I'd hate to have to keep away from the woods.
Diney - Congratulations to your son! I'll have a word with the weather angels for a good day for you. I love weddings!
Post a Comment