You know that feeling when your small son's been playing with his Dr Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham CD-Rom and you're hungry? And maybe you're feeling a little bit (hormonally) attracted to food you'd normally cross the street to avoid (whilst making the sign of the cross, throwing salt over your shoulder and studiously avoiding cracks in the pavement)? And you think (bizarrely) that nothing else in the world would make you feel better than . . . say. . . a fried egg and ham sandwich on toasted bread? And it takes only three minutes to prepare and it's really not too bad for you because you only used a spot of olive oil on the pan to fry the egg and anyway it was extra virgin and organic and aren't they saying eggs are good for you again? And then you cut the sandwich in half and it didn't spill yellow gunk everywhere and it really tasted gooooood! So you forgot to be really careful biting into the second half and it exploded in a volcanic yolky mess all over you, your hair, hands and clothes?Do you know that feeling?
I do.
10 comments:
um... no, because mostly I no longer have hair.
Damn, now I'm hungry.
Erm, and so now you're feeling like a bit of eggy bread, right? And you're both egg and bread?
Poor thing though I confess to giggling just a bit... ;-P
Uh. I'm confessing to giggling quite a lot...
....then again, it's late and I'm punchy....
Egg and ham on bread sounds yummy . . . and wholesome. (How did you get it into your hair? Do eggs fly, or were you really, really close to that sandwich?)
I've decided that any "real" foods are good for you. What I'm worrying about is my new and strange addiction to Basset's Allsorts. Now THAT can't be good for you.
Oops, make that "Bassett's."
Dr Seuss is big in our house! Enjoyed my first visit to your blog.
Pete I've come to the conclusion that a lack of hair is a distinct advantage when eating a fried egg sandwich.
Vanilla and Aerin believe it or not I laughed too!
Bee Imagine this.... the entire yolky part was contained in the second half of the sandwich waiting like a coiled gooey spring. I'm holding the sandwich solidly in both hands, possibly a little bit too forcefully. My hair which is cut in a bob, in dire need of a cut that hangs down just under my chin. When I bit into the yolk, it exploded (possibly assisted by my vice-like grip) and squoshed out through my fingers, down my chin, onto my dangly hair bits and down my front. This all took about a millisecond! It was still one of the best sarnies I've had in ages - just really messy!
Ooooh and I love All Sorts!
David Welcome Welcome! I've visited you before linking from Vanilla's. Come by any time!
janey,
(laughing) Thanks for the detailed version of this incident!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who likes Allsorts . . . do you know what "millions" are? (Tiny little coloured dots; chewy.) I'm munching on those right now. I bought them for my daughter, but she's having fun in Spain and I'm at home with a grumpy husband and lots of dirty laundry . . . so I thought that my need was greater.
No I can't visualize it. Do it again and this time take a good picture. ;o)
And now you're craving another ..
David sent me but he didnt tell me you need a cup of coffee to wash that down
:-Daryl
Post a Comment