So here's the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences, uhm, sentences six, seven and eight.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to the blogger who tagged you.
I'll do the first four but I'm not tagging anyone. If you want to do it then feel free!
Currently I'm in the family room which is full of children's books so the first book I found with more that 123 pages is Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling. I own this one. It's a special edition hardback version that my Mum-in-law gave me for Christmas because she knew I'd collected the other six. (She's lovely!)
Hermione looked pleasurably flustered, but this time Krum had not come to compliment her. With a scowl on his face he said, "Who is that man in the yellow?"
"That's Xenophilous Lovegood, he's the father of a friend of ours," said Ron.
I loved the Harry Potter series. I remember the excitement building to the publication of this book last Summer. I took Children #s 1 and 2 to a midnight launch at our local bookshop. They'd decorated it with a witchy, almost Halloween, style and had treasure hunts and competitions for the children to do while we counted down to midnight. Magic!
Some people however had a harder time waiting for its publication.
7 comments:
We were at that Harry Potter launch party, too! (Border's Bookstore in Newbury, BERKS) The "young Snape" was there; he is a local boy. My daughter's friend "interviewed" him for an online journal, so that was fun.
How old are children #1 and #2? Mine are 13 (almost 14) and 10. I don't have a #3, or so on . . .
May I just participate here? I opened up Margaret Atwood's "The Blind Assassin" -- which I am currently trying to read for a Booker Challenge.
"Tobacco particulate thickens the air. A shelf of books: Auden, Veblen, Spengler, Steinbeck, Dos Passos. Tropic of Cancer, out in plain view, it must have been smuggled."
Ooh i haven't read that one - far too busy reading children's books!
We went to Waterstones in Berkhamsted (Herts) but we've moved to East Sussex since then. Nobody famous at ours (I don't think) but it did have a Costa so I was able to fuel staying awake.
And Child#1 is also 13 and #2 is also 10 (11 very soon). Child #3 is 4. We've definitely stopped now!!!!
That NYT article on your friend was really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how they get on. I admire anyone who sticks to their green principals enough to abandon loo-roll!
Yay-- another HP fan! We went to a midnight launch party also. But the highlight of our summer was Enlightening 2007 in Philadelphia. I was the coordinator of the opening & closing feasts and creator/director of our version of the Triwizard Tournament for the conference. It was a blast! I do miss all the HP fun now that the fandom has calmed down. Nothing beat the speculation and theories prior to the release of Deathly Hallows.
:)
Oh Aine - I miss the HP hype too but I had some hope given to me when JK Rowling said in that last documentary that Albus Severus was an interesting character and hinted that there was yet another story to tell.......
Yes, I'm hoping, too... even though she also said that she needed at least 10 years away from the HP world. Except for the "Scottish book"! We do have that to look forward to!
:D
LOL, I've just come from Aerin's blog and seen her post about the meme. Given that I did in March, I ain't doing it again! ;-)
From Born to Rock by Gordon Korman:
Page 123, line 5: "Just relax, sir," soothed the paramedic. "Tell me what happened."
Very good book, BTW.
Post a Comment