
I went back to work yesterday. Got up and was out power walking my way around the Rec (recreation ground) at seven. I got back, did my stretching and toning, had breakfast and a puddle (that's what I call a shallow bath). I was über-organised. The big kids all got out into school on time. Small Son was fed and dressed and ready for school - with packed lunch and PE kit - ten minutes ahead of schedule (I'm normally leaving 10 minutes after the school bell's rung). We remembered to bring the cardboard Go-Kart he'd made with us and off we trotted. I think his teacher was amazed at my all-round togetherness and efficiency.
I was ready - no psyching up necessary - I was in the zone. Bring it on! Hyperactive children here I come!
I arrived at work only to find that we were having a staff training day. No kids.
So … not exactly as on-the-ball as I thought.
9 comments:
Pretty good going, though! And you blogged too. So glad to have you back again.
Oh FairyHedgehog - I was so proud of myself. Then I got into work...
As for the blogging - it's like the exercising - if I do little and often I'm much more likely to sustain it. Expect more short posts from Whittersville!
Hey, at least you didn't thinking it was a training day and showed up to hyper kids, right? Yeah, I thought so.
Too right Natalie! I've always liked the way you think!
It's good to be "in the Zone," Janey. (You crack me up.)
I've been fairly good about exercising while we've been away (not hard when the weather is warm), but I've hardly written a word. I can't wait to get back into my own routine . . . which involves many hours of staring at the keyboard!
Having you back is like discovering a whole new jar of Marmite in the cupboard.
Bee - I hope you get back to your desk soon. I'm looking forward to reading all about Texas. Are the blue bonnets out?
Whirl - can't stand the stuff myself but I know how much my Hubby and kids love it so I'm hoping you feel the way they do!!!!
It was a practice run, right? You meant to do that.
Sarah - OF COURSE!!! That's exactly what it was. It had absolutely nothing to do with me not reading my diary whatsoever!
Post a Comment