(sniffs air)
Is it Spring yet? Let's see … daffs are about to open, crocuses and snowdrops are in bloom, snow's gone - all good signs.What's that thing in the sky? The giant yellow thing? It's awfully bright even as I type I am wearing my shades to protect my poor eyes from the relentless glare. And I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not but since it's started showing up - a week or so ago - I've suddenly felt quite perky. It seems to be having a similar effect on the birds who are making a right royal racket. If I tune my ears into birdspeak it sounds like a thousand chirrups looking for sex.
It's definitely Spring!
Hi there again. I didn't mean to fall off the radar for so long but as I am a slave to the seasons I have found that I am simply less expressive and almost exclusively introspective in the darker months. I have found that it's a time to gather in, reflect and even make plans. What it's not is terribly sociable.
But Spring knocks and so have my friends and as I peer out into the joyful light of the sun I suddenly feel the urge to come out and play again.
Do forgive me if it takes a while for me to find my stride - I've been hibernating for months - my blogging legs are still a bit wobbly.
23 comments:
Yay, you're back! I so relate to the season's thing. My son has decided that I must be solar powered! It makes all the difference to have a bit of sun.
It makes all the difference to have a bit of Jane too!
Ooh! An early daffodil!
Glad to see you popping your head over the parapet — or even the parasol.
It's pissing it down here. This isn't what I signed up for with the whole "move to Southern Spain" thing. I need to lodge a complaint.
I'm with you on the seasonal effects. "Almost exclusively introspective"-- yep, I could wear that label, too. And this year winter has been especially harsh.
:P
So glad to see you again!
Yes! Spring! We're so close. I too spent the winter deep in thought. Here's hoping for a fruitful new season. :)
Wobble away. We won't let you fall down.
And if you know that reference...
FHH - Solar powered that's just it! I couldn't describe myself as having SAD exactly because my mood doesn't become depressed, but there's definitely a change of focus in the darker months of the year. I have found that adapting to the ebbs and flows of energy that go with the seasons just feels more natural.
Whirl - out from under the duvet more like! I love springtime. I can't wait for the explosion of yellow as the daffs come out. I might take to wandering lonely as a cloud...
Sylvia - a friend of mine just went home to Spain to visit her family a couple of weeks ago. She's from way up north and said the weather was gorgeous but told me the rest of the country was drowning. That's not nice is it? Personally I feel it's a breech of contract - you live there - they provide sunshine. Simples!
AIne - I was over visiting your blog a couple of days ago - my first foray into the blog world in yonks - but I haven't got through the whole Turtle podcast yet. As usual your posts are just so packed with interesting info that I've gone off on a journey of discovery. I'll be over again to finish the class!! I have a pile of house keeping to do today...
As for the seasons, I'm sure that we should take things slower and retreat to the den at winter time. How else you we recharge our life batteries?
Renee - it's been a particularly long and harsh winter - even here where it's supposed to be mild and temperate. I imagine your first winter in Colorado was c-c-cold. Well Springtime is just arriving and about time too I think we all could do with a little pick-me-up. Here's to blossom and the promise of three seasons of warmth!
Sarah - if it's a literary reference then I'm completely in the dark! My immediate thought was "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!"
Well I'm the right shape! I've been eating well over the long dark winter...
I wasn't sure you guys had Weebles.
Sarah - I remember the ads from the 70s! Ah nostalgia!
It's so lovely to have you back.
Thanks Lois I hope to start doing the rounds in the next week or so. I'll have to reintroduce myself I think!
WOW! you're back! So happy to see ya!
Robin - I KNOW! Thanks for hangin' in there!
So nicely put.
I'm a slave to the seasons, too. I've been so much more cheerful and energetic since the sun started shining again.
p.s. Our daffs STILL aren't out. Everyone is exclaiming over it, as it's so unusual. I saw a nice clump of them in London yesterday, though.
I don't know how I found you but have enjoyed dipping into your post - I feel just the same about the seasons, though it's piddling down again today so I may have to hide under duvet until it stops. Daffodils, lambs, sun beating down on my back.... ah! we all feel so much better and more creative. Pop over and have a coffee at mine if you have time - I'm Diney at http//oldermumsarefun.blogspot.com.
Are you actually back, girl?
I'm hoping you and FH and I can get together, and maybe a few others if they are around, when we are in Britain this summer...
Robin and Jane, that would be so cool!
Diney - thanks for the visit. You find me at sixes and sevens with this blogging lark. Not sure what I'm doing right now, but always lovely to meet new friends.
Robin and Fairy Hedgehog - absolutely definitely. When are you coming Robin?
Re being back... I'm having trouble getting started. I'm considering a total revamp to boost the enthusiasm levels. Truth be told I'm at a loss for things to blog about so I'm thinking that I need a shake up. Just not sure what form it should take...
YAY! Glad you and FH are up for it!
FH, I'm not sure exactly when yet -Blondster graduates on June 20th, and our house is about to be put on the market. I'm thinking July or August (but not the last two weeks, as Blondster will be doing college prepping stuff, readying to move in housing for school, etc.)
Let me know what times wouldn't work for ya!
Robin, you're moving house? Where are you going?
We haven't booked our holiday yet, so any time would suit us.
Haven't booked holiday yet but we are likely to go to Wales in August for a week if we book it (money???) so I might be able to catch you there as well!!
Excellent! We have to get together when I'm over - as soon as I know the dates, I'll send you and FH a note.
Who knows, maybe Sylvia and Whirl join as well?!
Absolutely - the more the merrier!
Post a Comment