I'd choose writing over software, but I like to eat, and I've become fond of sleeping in a comfortable bed in a room with walls and a roof. Where are my priorities?
Judging from your Clarity of Night entry, I think this would be the right choice for the world in general. Though I am certain you make a wonderful teacher as well.
WW - there is a long story behind it but it comes down to this - to be my authentic self I have to follow my heart. It seems when I try to follow the sensible option (even if it's something I do enjoy) I start to lose sleep, become agitated and not feel like me any more...
FHH - yes indeed! I'm trying to focus on show don't tell (as a skill) but for a bit more info see above :O)
Sarah - maybe we were just meant for the school of life...
Sarah L - A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. The important thing is finding that place where you're happy and all needs (physical, emotional, spiritual) are being met.
Natalie - feeling back on a happy track again. Real life will just have to put up with me...
Peter - you are lovely to say so. Of course that's coz you're lovely. I guess that I've figured out (re teaching) just because I might be good at it doesn't mean it'll make me happy. So I'm just going to sit back and do what I was doing and see where it leads...
Whirl - you snuck in there in your stealth socks while I was jabbering. The very strange thing about this particular conundrum was that it stopped me wanting to read, write, blog … all the stuff I like doing. So I thought maybe the writing thing wasn't to be. I just needed to listen harder to what I was trying to tell myself I guess..
FHH - Me too Gina. I was having a lot of trouble figuring it out though.
Sylvia - the awful thing was that the more my practical side dominated my thinking - the more the words gave up on me. I found myself even unable to pick up a book and read. I'm just glad the words have found me again.
The Lowe - Thanks T. Of course there's also another consideration - could I ever be as good a teacher as you? I think I lack the organizational skills.
Thank you Lois - I have a lot to learn still. The good news is that I'm writing again.
17 comments:
There's a story behind that, I'm sure.
I hope you can find balance, fulfillment and joy in whichever pursuit you focus on. Or both.
So much meaning in just a dozen words.
Do you want to explain, or would you rather not?
We're in similar boats; I chose writing over school. Poor school. It gets abandoned by both its teachers and its students.
I'd choose writing over software, but I like to eat, and I've become fond of sleeping in a comfortable bed in a room with walls and a roof. Where are my priorities?
:-)
Aw, hope you're okay. Stinking real life!
Judging from your Clarity of Night entry, I think this would be the right choice for the world in general. Though I am certain you make a wonderful teacher as well.
There's no easy answer to these sorts of conundrums.
But now you're settled — on! on! on!
WW - there is a long story behind it but it comes down to this - to be my authentic self I have to follow my heart. It seems when I try to follow the sensible option (even if it's something I do enjoy) I start to lose sleep, become agitated and not feel like me any more...
FHH - yes indeed! I'm trying to focus on show don't tell (as a skill) but for a bit more info see above :O)
Sarah - maybe we were just meant for the school of life...
Sarah L - A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. The important thing is finding that place where you're happy and all needs (physical, emotional, spiritual) are being met.
Natalie - feeling back on a happy track again. Real life will just have to put up with me...
Peter - you are lovely to say so. Of course that's coz you're lovely. I guess that I've figured out (re teaching) just because I might be good at it doesn't mean it'll make me happy. So I'm just going to sit back and do what I was doing and see where it leads...
Whirl - you snuck in there in your stealth socks while I was jabbering. The very strange thing about this particular conundrum was that it stopped me wanting to read, write, blog … all the stuff I like doing. So I thought maybe the writing thing wasn't to be. I just needed to listen harder to what I was trying to tell myself I guess..
Sooo - On, on, on!
Go Jane! I'm glad you've decided to go for what you really want. I'm glad you'll still be around for us too, but that's the selfish part.
Well, I know it was a tough decision. But I won't pretend I wouldn't have been disappointed if you had giving up the words!
Atta girl!
I know I'll be glad to have you back in the writing life. You have a real talent for it. I hope all is going well for you.
FHH - Me too Gina. I was having a lot of trouble figuring it out though.
Sylvia - the awful thing was that the more my practical side dominated my thinking - the more the words gave up on me. I found myself even unable to pick up a book and read. I'm just glad the words have found me again.
The Lowe - Thanks T. Of course there's also another consideration - could I ever be as good a teacher as you? I think I lack the organizational skills.
Thank you Lois - I have a lot to learn still. The good news is that I'm writing again.
ROCK ON, JANEY!!! Follow your heart. Can't wait to see what happens next! (Subtext: Can I be one of your beta readers?) :)
Damn, girl. I've been checking and checking on your blog and nothing popped up, and then I waited a few days, and....wow!
I have missed you loads, honey. Whatever you do, I hope you love it loads. I do think you are a natural writer.
It makes me happy to see those words here. :)
Post a Comment