This was taken in The Bluebell Wood in Ashridge on the road to Ivinghoe Beacon.
Ashridge, Bucks.
Mossy logs and bluebells in the woods near our house.
A very English woodland path.
Beautiful green sycamore leaves.If you took the time to look down, the woodland floor had plenty of gems to offer.
Bluebell.
Buttercup.
Woodland Anemone.
Pretty Pink.And so ends our little nature walk through Springtime in England.
16 comments:
Those are really gorgeous shots! Would your husband mind if I printed one of them out for my wall?
WW - Not at all - I think he'd be flattered! I've reduced the quality of the shots so I could upload them easier. If you want a better copy send me your email on a Facebook message and I'll email it whichever ones you might want to you.
I'm with WW. These are truly gorgeous. Your husband has an artist's eye, doesn't he??
He does Robin - I'm intensely jealous of it!
Those are utterly gorgeous! Your Hubby is a brilliant photographer.
Oh man, I feel so deprived of beauty with my yellowing apartment lawn and no trees.
Thanks for sharing—those bluebells and budding trees are absolutely magical. I'm waiting for a diamond encrusted unicorn to pop out from behind a tree.
WOW! That second one needs to be framed...or published!
Just beautiful.
Oooh-- and I like Natalie's comment. Someone needs to photoshop in a unicorn or a couple fairies, or something! They would make fantastic illustrations for a children's story. (hint, hint!)
Thanks FHH - I'll pass that on to him. He'll be so pleased.
Natalie - I know, I'm really blessed to have this, literally, on my doorstep. I haven't seen any unicorns yet, but I'm ever hopeful.
Aine - that second one is my favourite too. Those woods were near our previous home and I used to take the children I childminded there every year. They just loved running up and down those paths and having a picnic there. I believe those woods (a different part of them though) have been used in the filming of Harry Potter - I kid you not!
I think Hubby would like to take Jason's masterclass on stacking in order to get that bluebell picture into sharper focus.
He is a wonderful photographer. Maybe you guys should team up and write a travel book with his pictures? Doesn't have to be to a 'real' place.
Janey,
Come on, now. You think we are fools, whole buy this story that this place exist here.
I know it that you've found the door to Narnia!!! Spill it now. I wanna see it too, you know. :D :D :D
Those are just gorgeous. I love those bluebells the most.
I soooooo envy you at this moment.
And yes, your hubby is a gifted photographer. He and Jason would get along quite well. :D
These are magical . . .
proof that the mythical kingdom of yore still exists. Silly to choose a favorite, but there is something about the second one . . . such beautiful light. Were the bluebells better than ever this year, or did it just seem so?
Thank you for your very wonderful message on my recent post. (I'm glad that I'm a bit Irish, too. I always suspected it!) I think that Koala should give you a break as you write such thoughtful blog responses.
Oh my gosh! That first picture looks like something out of a fantasy movie or something. I love it!
*sigh* Spring is just the best, isn't it?
These pictures are simply beautiful, Janey, in this post and the previous one!
LOL, Aniket. It's the blue sky that makes me suspicious...this is England, after all!
No, they are really gorgeous photos. But...blue sky?!
(wordver: looki - how appropriate is that?!)
It's a sure sign I'm falling behind on my favourite blogs when I miss a treat like this.
But — here, now.
The bloobs have shrivelled up Midlands way, but it's only a matter of time before the foxgloves twinkle their fingers...
These are stunning!!!!
Post a Comment