Monday, 21 April 2008

Sunday Sunny Sunday!

The weather was so gorgeous yesterday that when we got up we went to the garden and pretty much stayed there for the morning. My Hubby, T, gave all the bikes an over-haul ready for a summer of cycling (although we still have to work out how to manage with Child #3 who's only 4 and can't cycle yet). Child #1's bike fared worst needing two new inner tubes but my fabulous 16 year old wonder is still in fine fettle! While T toiled away, my VIP guest and I sat in the warm sunshine chatting and generally commenting on how fabulous it all was. My tummy was churning a wee bit still but was so much better than the previous day it didn't bring me down at all. At about midday I started on The Sunday Roast which was ready for 2pm and went down really well. So good in fact - I even had an ikkle bit of pudding! After dinner we decided there was nothing for it but to drive up to the top of The South Downs and have a gander at the scenery.

How disappointing then that as we started to ascend to the top a great haze came in and the view was shrouded in mist. Even so the place was beautiful. I just wish we could have seen it all!

Still there was something about the light!

Amazing to think actually got a bit sunburnt in the morning!

7 comments:

PJD said...

So now I'm all confused about what blog to find you at, though I figure it's this one since you've got me linked in the sidebar (thank you!).

But it's done you no good. You've been tagged.

JaneyV said...

I'm sorry about the confusion and I'm sorry I haven't been by in the last few days. I've just been swamped and feeling icky. All better now though! (except for the growling tiger that has appeared to have moved into in tummy).

Six interesting things eh? There may be a bit of barrel scraping to find six! I'll post tomorrow!

Oh and can someone give my an idiot's explanation (treat me thick - it's the only way learn!) on how to use HTML tags and do links from the comments section? I get so impressed when I see them!

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

I've found you!!!!!!!

PJD said...

To create a tag, you need an "open" tag and a "close" tag. As in

[open bold]thing to be bold[close bold]

If you go to the "post a comment" page, under the comment box it gives you three examples, <b> is bold, <i> is italics, and <a> is a link.

So, to bold something, you would do the open bold
<b>
then the thing to be bold, then the close bold:
</b>
As you can see, the close tag is the same as the original but with a slash to indicate "close".

For links, it's a little more complex. The tag requires an href, or a hyperlink reference, or URL. You create the link tag thus:
<a href="URL">link words</a>

If you exchange the letters URL in my example for http://cornerkick.blogspot.com, you get this:
link words.

JaneyV said...

Oh Pete thank you so much! I can see where I've been going wrong now! This will make the tagging a lot easier!

JaneyV said...

Ell - I thought you always knew where I was. I wasn't hiding!

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

No! It's just recently that I have found you! And now you shall never be rid of me! I laugh evilly!