Tuesday, 22 April 2008

I've Been Tagged!

So last night pjd snuck in and tagged me. I have to come up with 6 random things about myself. Well I've been thinking about this since last night and I've come to the conclusion that I'm quite a Dull Doris. I did consider making it all up ... ah my Walter Mitty lifestyle ... but that would be cheating!

The rules:
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


So this is 6 random things about me.

1: I once worked on a rock video for Metallica doing talkback (that's the headphones with mics that all the techie folk wear in order to get direction during a show). It was completely pointless because the rig was so loud we couldn't hear a thing anyway. It was filmed in Wembley Arena just before a concert called Clash of The Titans. It was a Thrash Metal Extraviganza! Also on the bill were Suicidal Tendencies and Megadeath (actually the video might have been their's - lousy memory!). All the band members I met were lovely, courteous and gentle people. The music was awful! I was backstage for the concert, behind the rig, wearing ear plugs and ear defenders and I still had tinnitus for a week afterwards!

2: I went to the same secondary school as Richard Harris. (Not Hogworts!) Obviously not at the same time!

3: I do not have a gall bladder.

4: I have a BSc in physics even though I loathe the subject and really can't remember much about it! I still love science though and I have subscriptions to New Scientist and National Geographic.

5: I did not learn to cycle a bike till I was 17.

6: My first pop-star crush was Donny Osmond - I was 4!

This is the hard bit because almost everyone I know has been tagged already...uuuum I got 5...

i) Absolute Vanilla
ii) Her Indoors
iii) Sympathy for The Moon
iv ) To Taste a Peach
v) Barrie Summy


I look forward to reading some random things about you guys if you want to take up the challenge!

10 comments:

PJD said...

I don't think I've ever heard the phrase "cycle a bike" before.

The metallica thing is wicked cool. And I suspect my first pop-star crush was Marie. No, wait, maybe it was Tenille. I was so young, I can't remember. Or maybe it was Twiggy when she appeared on the Muppet Show. As you can tell, like an aluminum soda can, I crush easily.

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

You do not have a gall bladder? Now that was so unexpected and random and cool!

Melissa Miller said...

Loved Donnie myself. Even went to an Osmond's concert. Still have the program in a scrapbook somewhere.

JaneyV said...

Pete - you know I never even considered that an odd thing to say but my Hubby tells me English people say ride a bike too. Must be an Irish thing!

Ell - I was born with one but had to have it out 8 years ago. I think I'm just way too fond of cheese!

MM - great to see you ;D. I'm jealous that you got to go to see them! I'd pay good money to go to a Donny concert now. I think it'd be a hoot!

DavidKThorpe said...

ok I did it, but you have to add SIX people it says -thanks a bunch!!

JaneyV said...

Honestly David - if I can find another one who hasn't been got I definitely will! thanks for taking the challenge!

Aine said...

Wow!!-- you could've met Dumbledore, if he had come back as an alum giving an inspirational speech or something... (that was his most important role, you know!)
;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has trouble remembering "stuff" learned in college.

And, Donny was cute. But Shaun Cassidy was the man when I was little.

Thanks for sharing! I love learning random things about my favorite bloggers.

JaneyV said...

Hey Aine- Mr Harris (Dickie to his pals) was more of a binge-drinking rugby fanatic than an inspirational speaker though I believe his playing of Dumbledore regained him the kudos he lost when he played Cromwell as a sympathetic character!
Re. stuff from college -it was 20 years ago and I think I started forgetting the physics I learnt as I walked out of the exam!
Oh Donny - I'm such a sucker for a great smile! But Shaun Cassidy - I was a big Hardy Boys fan too!
Aw and thanks for the compliment :)

Taffiny said...

Harris-Oh I never got over the whole Dumbledore switch. (though I am sure he would have chosen to live and make the movies if given the choice)

video-Cool. I will have to tell Bob about it, he likes those groups.

Crush-Drat, I don't remember who my first crush was..I know it wasn't Donny...Scott Bao was "of interest" but not full on crush, maybe one of the Cassidys...? Ricky Shroeder and Kirk Cameron were a bit later on.

Bike-We do say ride, but you are right a person does cycle a bike. We Americans wont switch over though, just like how we use inches over the metric system, we just never get the hang of switching.

Physics- I think the amazing part is that you ever knew it, I never could have.
Bob has told me (to make me feel better for never remembering anything of merit) that a person can only hold so much information, only remember so many things, so....that is why I can't recall dates, and numbers, and all matter of school stuff, because it has been tossed out of my brain's filing cabinet, so as to make more room for remembering the words to songs, and plotlines from TV and books. (actually he said it nicer than that, he said I liked to be working on story plotlines, and creative things, and my mind and imagination need space to work in, so they don't bother getting bogged down with holding other sorts of information. I suggest you look at it the same way, you cleared away the physics storage space to make room for other ideas, and passions.

Gally- as in oh golly, you don't have a gall bladder.

Sarah Laurenson said...

Walter Mitty is one of my all time favorite stories. And the movie's not so bad either.

My first rock star crush? Wow. Can't remeber for sure. Bobby Sherman? David Cassidy? Donnie Osmond? I remember doing the line from Star Trek about being one with the body and adding in each of those names - "Peace, Love and Bobby Sherman are one in the body". I was older then though.

Physics. Um, yep. That was almost 20 years ago. Couldn't tell you much about it today. Not sure I can solve a differential equation any more.

I love different cultures, different sayings and how what feels normal to one person sticks out to another.

Cool stuff!